Friday, December 4, 2009

Plaid Boxer Briefs

Well.. not a whole lot going on in this neck of the woods. I've been at work for half an hour and taken all of one phone call.

Plaid Tidings opened last night, and so did The Boxer. Plaid went fine, and Mark wasn't quite raving, but Boxer did well too :) So afterwards we went to IHOP to celebrate. It was alright.. IHOP was about as it usually is... lol.
I'm really proud of Mark :) This was his first college show... the second one that he auditioned for, and he got cast without a second thought.

I wonder when the next time I'll have the chance will audition will be?
I did really want to audition for Little Women... but I don't know if I'll have the time to do shows while working next semester. Most likely I'll need to work nights, so it will be hard to do any shows, really. I guess I can put up with that... It'll give me the chance to get a bunch of classes knocked out, and that I am excited about.
Lord, help me.. I need Your help with this whole business. There's no way I can figure out how to make this all work together in a 168-hr week, let alone pull it off by myself. But I trust You to show me how to do it, and to help me with it. It's gonna be an adventure...

So I want to talk about something that's on my mind a little bit... I don't generally talk about super personal stuff on my blog, but it's my blog so I will if I want.
I get this feeling, that my family doesn't like Mark very much. And you honestly, that's not even it. I think they like him fine (because there isn't a reason not to like him :)... but they judge him. I don't even think they realize that they do.. and I don't really know why they judge him, other than that he doesn't speak in tongues... and he's not Collin. The reasons, for current intents and purposes, are immaterial. The real thing that bothers me is, I've felt like my family and I have been increasingly distant in recent months, and I can't help but think that maybe this has something to do with it. Yes, I have spent alot of time with Mark. And that's not going to change. We're in a relationship. We're an item, a package deal. We're together. I'm not saying I never do anything without him or visa versa, not at all. But the point is, I'm with Mark. You don't get me without him. Even if you are my family. Even if my family disapproved of Mark (which there isn't a reason to, to be quite honest) it's really not their choice to make. They ought to accept him, for my sake. Or if they can't do that, they ought to at least show love to him, for Christ's sake. If Mark were to judge all "Spirit-filled Christians" based on how he's been treated by my family thus far, he would say that they're really no different from any other people who have their own lives and plenty of reservations about new people. Courteous and aloof, they're fine people, but honestly, nothing life-changing. And that kinda makes me sad. But what can you do?

Alrighty well... now I've been here about an hour, and I'm getting another call. Jusst can't stop the excitement! :p
<3

1 comment:

A poor white middle class soul said...

I've got to be honest here. Your man should try eagerly desiring some gifts of the Spirit. We both know how wonderful it is.

Also, don't resent your parents' judgment too much. I mean, really, their critical nature just might be showing that they care. Take a shot at seeing it from their side too.

And people are people, whether filled with the Spirit or not. Spirit-filled Christians just have some extra power-tools when it comes to ministry and life.