Wednesday, December 16, 2009

And... Action!

So I mentioned that I had an audition for a tv pilot..
it went well, I suppose. I don't know if I was really intense enough for them... it's a giving-birth scene. I've never given birth >_>
But anyway, here's hopin' still... They'll let me know this weekend-ish.

So camera acting is way different from stage acting. Harder, for me. Here's why: it's alot more cold work. You have to be able to just pick up wherever and make it the same as if you'd already been in the scene 5 minutes. That's harder for me because I'm an interpersonal actor-- I play off of the other people in the scene. In fact, most of my acting is REacting. It's all in the relationship and interaction between characters. In camera acting.. you don't get the whole play to build up character relationships and motivations.. It just kindof has to be there, whether you or the other person is feeling it or not. So it's.. different. But I think with a little practice I could get good at it :)

There's so much more going on, but I gotta do some work now... so you'll just have to do without :p

Happy Wednesday! :D

<3

1 comment:

A poor white middle class soul said...

Your reasoning has shown me why I LOVE the camera.