Tuesday, November 10, 2009

One day down...

First day of the cleanse was a success. Second is off to a good start :)

I can't remember if I've mentioned the cleanse in my blog yet or not. Anyway, Susan and I are doing it, until New Years. But we have holidays off. Which means (chronologically) my birthday (on which Jacob is making us gumbo!)Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Eve. I suppose this really isn't the ideal time of year to do a cleanse, but too late! We've already started. lol. Besides, there's no time like the present, right? Ok so what it entails is meat, vegetables, modest amounts of fruit, and nuts and beans. Also, herbs are acceptable, and vinegar and olive oil. And as far as liquids, water, juice, and tea. And nothing else. No carbs, no starches, no dairy, no fats, no sugar. (Other than the natural fats and sugars in meat and fruit) Especially no artificial sugars, fried food, or processed food. (I used that term lightly, since it's exceptionally difficult to find non-processed meats. and the amount we're working out, we need that protein and calories)

Oh man. This change in dietary intake, paired with the incredibly HARD workout we did yesterday (Plyometrics. sound tough? it is.)has left me many kinds of tired last night and this morning. I'm sure it will pass in a few days as my body adjusts, but thus far... I feel exhausted. good thing I just basically have to sit all day right...

ADDENDUM
In the interest of this cleanse, I'm going to briefly share what I eat each day. Not that that's interesting at all, but it might help me :)
So yesterday I ate nothing for breakfast but had a cup of hot tea (:/) and then an apple and two hard-boiled eggs for lunch, and then peanuts and a can of green beans for dinner. (I know canned vegetables are not as good, but i had already bought them!)
Today so far I've had cashews for breakfast, and I drank acai berry juice with my vitamins this morning. And having a cup of tea now. yay :)

No comments: