Monday, November 16, 2009

It's My Birthday and I'll Cry If I Want To.

Man.
What a bipolar weekend. lol.
it started out.. amazingly. Friday I went to a magic show in Garland with Chelsea and Aaron (Mark had gotten the tickets, but then he had rehearsal.) Anyway it turned out to be like a kid's pro-recycling sort of thing, with a couple of magic tricks mixed in to make it seem cooler. But we had fun with it I suppose :p Afterward Aaron and I went to Plano for cigars and coffee. Mark stopped by but didn't stay long. Later I went back to Mark's house to hang out.. we were watching White Collar. Then at one point he was like, "I left my bag in my car... you should come with me to get it, we'll take a walk around the block or something" but then when we got out there he had left his keys so he went back inside. As soon as he went back inside, Traci, Zack, Scott, and Blake came charging down the street, grabbed me, and threw me into the car with them. Long story short, they "kidnapped" me, then Mark rescued me and asked me to be his girlfriend :)
It was pretty much wonderful (overall.)
Then Saturday Mark took me to La Madeline for brunch, and we spent the afternoon drawing masterpieces with sidewalk chalk. lol. Then to my parents' house for dinner, and this is where the weekend starts to turn awry.
There was a little bit of personal drama saturday night... nothing too life-altering I suppose, I just got my feelings hurt a little bit. My family is... not as accepting as I would like them to be. I don't know why they feel they have to have a judgement on everything, but it seems they do. And it seems me being so excited about Mark and everything isn't enough for them to be. Apparently my family hasn't gotten over comparing everything to Collin, as if he were still a part of my life. That does hurt. But it's whatever. Eventually they'll open their mind enough to actually take a look at Mark, and as soon as that happens, they'll love him :)
So there was that, but other than that Saturday night was nice. Spent the night at the parents', and most of the day Sunday, just chillin and hangin and sleepin. lol. It was nice. Then last night I went over to Mark's house, we were gonna watch one of the movies I borrowed from Sarah after he finished his essay for English.. but somewhere between finishing the essay and starting the movie there was more drama, but with his parents and some disagreement between them.. anyway we ended up not watching the movie. sigh. Not to worry, we'll watch it another time :)

So... despite it's ups and downs... I call it a good weekend. Things are going to work out quite nicely. :)
AND, TODAY'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! :D

3 comments:

marty said...

What could be better? You get the drama and you don't have to audition for the part!

A poor white middle class soul said...

It's tough to have a relationship and not have drama come into the mix, but keep at it, and don't rule out EVERYthing your parents say, 'cause they might have a lil' bit of truth to what they say.

Rebekah Michaele said...

I don't rule out everything my parents say. But I don't take it all to heart either. Basically i just want them to act like they care more about loving people than they do about their own "standards" (not that Mark doesn't meet their standards. Because he does. But that's entirely beside the point.) It's the principle of the thing.