Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Days of Refreshing

6:21. am. Tuesday.
I think I only got a few hours of sleep last night... well oh well. I'll be responsible tonight, how about that?

Started P90X yesterday.. first workout was Core Synergistics.
...
It. Kicked. My. Butt.
and I didn't realise it until i got up this morning, but my back is really sore. Oh boy.

So this week is the Days of Refreshing at EMIC... I got to go the the service yesterday morning.. omg. SO good ^_^ Keith Moore spoke on not letting your heart become hard. God's awesome of course and saved me a seat on the second row.. and I loved every minute of it. And I'm gonna listen to it again today. Keith Moore is such a good guy :) I really like him. As a teacher, he tends to be very straight-forward, and some people think that he can be very blunt and almost harsh sounding... and I mean yeah he's blunt alot of times, he doesn't sugar-coat, but he's gentle. He gave a slightly sobering call-you-out-on-the-carpet kind of message yesterday, and it probably made some people a little uncomfortable I guess.. but I thought he was very gentle with it. Very this-is-the-deal, now-heres-what-we-need-to-do. you know? that doesn't seem harsh to me...

I've had some melancholy moods lately.. because of the rain and some other things. I've tried to even write some prose or poetry a couple times, but the artsiness that usually comes with such melancholy seems to be in short supply. well, whatevs. :)

1 comment:

A poor white middle class soul said...

I tried that same exercise from P90X. It didn't work right on me 'cause my arms weren't strong enough to let the workout reach the "core".

I like preachers who skip to the issue. They get things done.

(In reply to your comment): Yeah, although it's often a much different thing to be friends with a person after a missions trip, since much of your friendship's foundation was in abnormal circumstances.

Growing up in silence was for a reason. In the book, the guy, Danny, was a brilliant, photographic memory type of guy. He was so concentrated on gaining and retaining knowledge that, in his father's opinion, he had no soul (or no heart). So his father used silence to force Danny to sorta find his soul, or at least to become receptive to it. I, of course, didn't like it either, but I see where the author was coming from.