Wednesday, January 27, 2010

How Long Can A Man Go Without Eating Before He Starves?

How long can a performer go without performing before she suffocates?

How long can I stay away from the stage before I break?

How long? How much can I take? I feel like Hercules, trying to swim through the river of the dead to reach Meg before he dies. Either I'll reach my goal, grasp my desire and feel immortality; or I'll just.. die. Every time I see someone else doing a production.. even one that I have no real desire to do... I crack just a little, and go a little more numb once the dull ache wears away after a few days. No one ever talks about this side of passion.. the hard side...


Oh, every time we say goodbye... I cry, a little...
Every time we say goodbye... I sigh, a little..
Every time...

Every time we say goodbye, I die, a little..
Every time we say goodbye.. I wonder why a little....

Every time .

2 comments:

A poor white middle class soul said...

I can relate if you replace "performing" with "moving in the spiritual giftings." Personally, I get the performance side out of me through my website and acting in daily life.

The song "Flicker" has always been a huge encouragement to me. The way he presents it, like he has lost everything, and is putting everything he has into doing his music for God. And it's all in the hope that he can share even the tiniest flicker of God's light, no matter the cost. Glad you enjoyed it too!

A poor white middle class soul said...

That's a legitimate concern, for sure. I've only been there once, and some of it did feel a lil' forced, but I'm just seeing stark contrast from the JBU campus to the home group. At the very least, I'll have a place where I can get into the habit of pouring out again. Not the greatest, but something where there was nothing before.