Monday, January 11, 2010

Another Long Weekend

Well. Monday morning. And can I say, for once I am really looking forward to working 5 full days this week. No days off, no days called in, no vacation, or snow days.. Don't want 'em. Just five long days of good hard work-- that's what I'm looking for.

So last Wednesday I went straight home from work and passed out. Thursday I got up, not particularly excited about getting out of bed, but ready to make it a better day than Wednesday. I got about 5-10 min down the road, hit an ice patch, slid into the car that had already hit the ice patch (didn't hit hard, but enough to scratch up his front bumper a bit), and slid to a stop on the side of the road where I waited about 2 hours for a tow truck. The next two days consisted mainly of being overwhelmed, haggling about prices via my dad, getting yelled at by said dad for being young and naive and irresponsible and not having a clue about whats going on in the world around me (and wrecking his car again), figuring things out and getting my thoughts straight for a moment every now and then, then I'd have another load dumped on me and we'd go through that whole cycle again. At least that's what it felt like.
So I stayed the weekend at Mark's parents' because I didn't want to be by myself and Tiffanie was at her parents'. And, of course, I didn't have a car. lol. They were very kind and generous to let me hang around, but I think by the end of the weekend we were all ready for me to go home again. lol. Mark's mom is letting Mark drive her car though, so that I can drive Mark's car (Checkers) until Ariele is back on her feet. err.. wheels.
In the end everything is taken care of very reasonably for me. I have a little more debt now that needs to be paid off very soon, but God will take care of that just like He took care of this. And nobody was hurt through the whole ordeal, and I'm thankful for that as well. So, crisis resolved, life lesson learned, overall damage.. minimal :)

Can I say, (of course I can, it's my blog :p) .. It's alot easier to go through something when you're not doing it alone. Yes I know that God will always take care of me and the bottom line is to trust Him because He's the one that will work it out, rather than trusting in a person, and I've trusted Him all by myself and I know that He will be faithful whether I have a person next to me to stand with me or not. But can I just say, it's so much better when there's someone there to hold your hand and remind you that everything is going to be okay, and you know you're not doing it by yourself. I think that Mark (and all of the other people that were wonderful and supportive and ready to be selflessly helpful in any way they could) was a part of God's provision. Yes, He provided for the car, and the arrangements until the car is back on the road, and will provide everything I need for my funds to be comfortably paid in full.. but He also provided, and will continue to provide, the people to help me along the way. And for that I am most thankful. Amen.

<3

Addendum: I would like to add, Smuckers' Uncrustables are wonderful. That is all.

1 comment:

A poor white middle class soul said...

It's amazing how much more you feel like you could do something when you've got a friend there to back you up.

Those were my reflections before going to Paradigm and talking with Pastor Nick and stuff, so I should have another blog up soon with my thoughts on THIS coming semester. I know the lay of the land now, so it shouldn't be quite so bad.

Biblical parallels... Well, the main thing was how, as Harry Potter develops, he is made aware by his most trusted teachers that he needs to be constantly vigilant, that Lord Voldemort and his gang are always after him, so he has to watch himself, even the way he thinks, if we wants to be safe from them.
Spiritual warfare seems like kinda the same deal. People who get lax and assume that if they're saved, they won't run into any trouble, will eventually run into something from the enemy and won't know how to deal with it.

Just one of a few I've found.