Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The prince has read Utopia...?

The Bible can touch our hearts, order our minds, and refresh our souls. - Ronald Reagan (40th President of the United States of America)

I really enjoyed this quote. It's from a promotional synopsis of The American Patriot's Bible. I think we (myself included here) don't pay enough attention to how we should be seeking the Lord to change our country. Yesterday in devotionals Jacob talked about how it is our duty to pray for our country and our government and its leaders. Actually, he used the word duty three times, which I found amusing in a very juvenile sort of way ^_^. But immature puns aside, it really is our duty to be praying for these things, and to speak the Word of God over our country and its leaders. I'm going to endeavor to be better about that... I'll add it to the list >_>

Someone told me I was tiny yesterday ^_^. She said she didn't realize how skinny I was. In all honesty, I'm not very skinny at all, but I have a pretty petite form so when I'm in shape I look pretty small. And guess what... I'm getting there! I'm starting to be able to see my arms and legs tone up. My midsection (abs/back/torso) is always the first thing to slim down/tone up when I work out or lose any weight at all. So it feels good to see the workout affecting the rest of my body too and not just that "extra skin" that always goes away fairly easily. But anyway. Somebody noticed that I look thin and I was flattered ^_^.

So we're reading Utopia in British Lit. Man... I rather dislike the fact that I have to stumble and rush through it just so I'll know enough in time to pass the quiz and therefore the class. And this isn't the first book I've felt this way about in this class. Felt the same way about Chaucer, and The Green Knight, and all the histories of British Literature that I've had to skim more than read... blech. and the thing is they're all in a fine-print text book with very thin pages which, i don't know if you know, but that is just freaking obnoxious to read! This is good literature, and I'd like to be able to really read it, and enjoy it. And I'd like to read it out of a real book on real paper I think. It'd just be easier. Anyway. All of that was basically to say I enjoy classic British Literature (and I use that word classic pretty loosely here I suppose) and I hope that I find the time after this class is over to go back and read this stuff for real.

Oh yeah, Tom Elliott finally posted those photos from the shoot we did last spring for his photography class. The project was Fear/Nightmare, so some of the pictures are pretty weird, lol. Some of them are kinda pretty though, in an almost-goth kind of way. Anywho. They'll be up on my facebook soon. I'll post a link when they're up :)

Tuesday. Dress rehearsal tonight. Full hair and makeup (oi vey) Nap between intermissions? One entire book of Thomas More's Utopia (just pretend that that's underlined) to read before 5:30 today. 1 paper to write before 4:30 tomorrow. 4.5 hours of sleep last night... skipped the shower (our little secret). I'm keeping up :) And God is good, and I'm gonna make some extra Word time tonight I think. I could sure use it.

<3

2 comments:

A poor white middle class soul said...

What are you reading by Chaucer? I also loved The Green Night.

I don't have an official church yet. I liked the Assembly of God here, but I also wanna check out the "charismatic" church, Antioch. We'll see how that turns out.

A poor white middle class soul said...

Then I'll put more stock in the Antioch option.

The tale from Chaucer I most remember is a bawdy tale, The Miller's Tale. That one is really funny. It's the only one that I remember clearly at the moment, which means that I got a big kick out of it when I read it.