Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Centennial Celebration!


ok, so technically I can't really say centennial, because that implies 100 YEARS... but this is my 100th post! exciting, right? it's been like a year and a half, so I guess that tells you how often I update... :p

so what to discuss in my 100th post? politics? religion? super hero comics? web comics? film reviews? Show experiences? friends and family? love and romance? so many possibilities... but I think the most fitting thing will be simply to say how wonderful and extraordinary God has been in my life. Just looking back, He's grown me and changed me in so many ways.. in a lot of ways I feel like I've gone in circles, but at the same time, there's a measurable distance between where I was then and where I am now-- a significant distance. God is good. He's brought me to exactly the place where I need to be, and sometimes I knew what was going on and sometimes I didnt. I'm so blessed to be at CTC, working and learning, and at the time I fought the CCCC option tooth and nail. I had my life tied in a bow, so I thought, and God had other plans. And I couldn't be more grateful :) I wouldn't trade this past year and a half for the world. And honestly, at this point, I couldn't tell you what's coming. ANYTHING might happen. I might get "discovered" and run off to New York (not likely).. I might be in Dallas for a few more years.. I might go to UNT and get a bachelor's after all.. I might move to Chicago and be a vagabond. I might marry a youth pastor and go into full-time ministry. I might join a ministry troupe and travel for awhile. I might START a ministry troupe and travel for awhile. I might learn some more and get involved with KCM's television/film dept. I might elope and move to London. I might join a band and go on tour. The rapture might happen tomorrow. I might take a bullet for someone today. Time travel technology might develop, enabling me to go back in time to 1950 and woo Elvis Presley. Probably not... but you never know. Anything could happen :)

one thing for sure, I want to serve God and live life. I want to learn, and grow, and do, and be. I want to experience. I want to create. I want to believe, and see. I want to speak and be heard. I want to change.

So I guess if 100 posts is like a landmark, or a mile marker of sorts, then here I am. But what's ahead is more exciting than what's behind :D

3 comments:

Eissac52 said...

So let it be written, so let it be done. (Except the wooing Elvis part. Seriously?) I am looking forward to watching you. It promises to be engrossing. *Smiles*

Rebekah Michaele said...

yes, seriously! i would steal him away from priscilla beaulieu and keep him in check. ;)

A poor white middle class soul said...

...Yeah, I'm pretending to make it completely anonymous both ways, so I can't be a secret admirer. I do, however, draw wonderful pictures throughout some classes, so pen pals get to benefit form my works of art.

Rescue The King from himself!