Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter

All of the holidays seem to have been strange this year. Different, you know? Not all festive and effortless the way I tend to remember them. Not much happening... Not much sense of what anything is about. I don't think I like it.

This past weekend was in the same current. A large part of it was being preoccupied with relationship things. Mark and I seem to be having to work quite a bit to be on the same page lately. Every relationship has that, I suppose. Sometimes communication is better than others, sometimes things are easier than they will be other times. A hundred different factors are part of why things have been a bit of a struggle. There's alot of things to work on. But I suppose there always are.
The one thing that makes me feel more peaceful about it though, even when things are hard, is knowing that neither of us are just going to give up. Over the past 9 months, there have been a few opportunities for both of us to just walk away, cut our losses or whatever you want to call it. Say enough is enough and that we don't want to try anymore. Saturday was one of those chances. Either of us could have walked away and said that making things work is just hard and I don't want to try anymore. But I know that I'll never make that choice. When you love someone, it's worth working through the tough parts to make your life together better. When you love someone, it's worth sticking with them just to be with them. And to be completely honest.. when you love someone.. there's not much of a choice sometimes. You're going to love them, whether it's hard or not.

That's about where I'm at, I guess.

<3

No comments: