Monday, March 22, 2010

What's the Story, Morning Glory?

In an unrelated note to the rest of the blog, that title is actually a quote from Bye-Bye Birdie... a musical that I actually don't like at all. I rather dislike it in fact. It's quite awful.

So, today's my first day back from Spring Break vacation. No, technically I don't have a spring break since I'm not technically in school at the moment... but Mark does, and so does everyone else, so I took the week off of work to go out of town with them. We went to Corpus Christi. It was great fun :) I didn't take nearly enough pictures. :(
Sow e got back from Corpus late Wednesday night... then thurs-fri we had a day-at-the-lake/campout/everybody crash in Lindsey's room adventure. lol. That was also fun, albeit cold. Mark had his first experience on a jetski :)

of course, thursday friday and sunday I still had to work at Pizza Hut. Friday I turned in my two weeks notice. Now I know what you're thinking, "already? but you just started!"
Yes I know. And generally I'll stick it out a bit more, but there are enough factors in favor of quitting in this case that I don't think it's worth it to work low-paying three-hour shifts at a job I don't like. Yesterday I went in, and Leanne, the head cook, said "I heard you gave your two weeks notice, Rebekah" And I said "yeah." She said "Well that's..." And Richard, the second manager, says "good for you. I'd get out of this hellhole if I could, too!" and Leanne said "Pssht. me too."

...I think that's a pretty good indication that I don't really want to work there. Lol. So next Saturday I believe is my last day. I think. Not really sure. He may schedule me a few more days after that. I kinda hope not. But we'll see.

This coming sunday is going to be a bigish day. Mark and I are taking our parents (And granny) out to Chili's for dinner, because they've never met. They all seemed a little apprhensive about it at first, until we told them that no, we don't have any big news to share or anything like that. We just think we oughta get the parents together, since we've been dating for about 9 months and they've never met at all. But after that they seemed to ease up a bit :p I'm looking forward to it... I think it'll be fun :)
Then after that there's the Angels, Inc. read-through. I'm not looking forward to how late it's gonna be, but I am looking forward to the read-through, I suppose. Oh but I haven't told you about that yet. Ah well, this post is already quite full. Another time :)

<3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you're seeing angels you should do more than drop hints, I think