Thursday, March 4, 2010

like a speeding bullet

This week's gone by pretty quickly. Which is a welcome change from recent happenings, a bit. Now that I'm finally busy, or at least occupied, things have a sort of rhythm again and it's nice. It's easier to enjoy what I'm doing when I'm doing something. And it's easier to not mind not particularly enjoying something if I've got something to look forward to, ya know? So I'm happy :) God is good.

Spring break is coming up!!
And, although I'm not taking classes and therefore don't myself technically have a spring break... I'm celebrating anyway. I'm going on vacation with Mark and Chelsea and Collin. I could think of other people I'd rather go with, but they're cool and they're the ones who want to go, so we're gonna go with the flow :) I'm so excited. It will be cheap, but super fun, and a much-needed break for all involved. The plan is to head down to Corpus Cristi for a few days, hit the beach, do some hot tubbing, and some much needed relaxing! I can't wait. ^_^

So Mark had Cruel Intentions auditions this week... we'll find out in a few hours who got cast... He did so well though. Everyone said he was wonderful, and I saw the raw cut of his monologue, before he perfected it. It was good. He was really good. Robin's a fool if she doesn't cast him.
Oh, but I so wish I could have auditioned. It was rough working at Pizza hut whilst everyone else was at auditions. Sitting this season out has been hard. But I made the decision to put school and theatre (career, basically...) on the back-burner until I have things taken care of financially. There have been some unexpected expenses this year, and some of them were real doosies. But not to worry! I'm trusting that it is all taken care of, and some things have already come together to get this debt completely wiped out. :) I'm expecting my tax return by the end of the month, and that will make a big difference :) And then, working double and with a little help I'll be able to make hopefully at least 2 extra car payments each month, which should really speed up the process. I'm really optimistic about this. Sure Pizza Hut is pretty lame so far, but as soon as I get back from spring break, and maybe even before, I'm on the hunt again for a better replacement :)

Tiffanie's started scrapbooking...
I think I just might jump on that band wagon... you know, I already take pictures at all the shows I do. I think perhaps I should start documenting them :) and I can add in some other fun/significant experiences... I think I'm gonna do it. And keep the cost to a minimum while I'm at it ;)

I'm sure I have more thoughts I could catch up with, but this post's getting a bit long, so we'll leave it here. Besides, I need to get to work. Lots to do!

Until tomorrow, then.

<3

2 comments:

A poor white middle class soul said...

Gotta love staying busy. Just as an update from those last posts, I didn't make RA, but it's fine, 'cause that's a huge load that I won't be having to worry about.

Also, I wrote a 6-page paper on the "being wise in your own eyes" issue for my leadership class. Parts of it will probably be a sermon someday.

On top of all of these things, I'm glad you're back to blogging. This long-distance online text-based friendship of ours is tough enough without one of us ditching our blogs.

Rebekah Michaele said...

lol. very true very true.