Thursday, March 11, 2010

Robin's a fool.

She didn't cast Mark.
He was pretty upset about it, but I think he had a right to be. It's tough dealing with that kind of disappointment. And in the theatre world, these things are never really justifiable or explainable. It's all in the director's eye. She she made it a heck of a decision for her, that's for sure. I wonder how long it will take her to realise that Mark could have brought something to this show that her current cast never will. Oh sure, her choice will be the stereotypical gay guy that everyone's expecting, and he'll be able to mimic the movie well enough and get across the point that he's playing his lover or whatever.. who cares. Anyone can do that. But I rather doubt there will be any more dimension to the character than that. Then again, you never know. He might surprise me. Just because Mark would have been fathoms better doesn't mean he won't be good right? I should probably give him a chance.

In other news, Jon Christie is putting together another production and has already offered both Mark and me parts. Not sure which parts yet, as the script is not quite finished. I think I might take him up on that offer though, despite time constraints and whatnot. We shall see.

So here are the things I want to get started on/done this week, if possible:
- scrapbook and some starter scrap-booking stuff (just the basics, minimum spending :)
- disposable cameras for spring break (and whatever else)
- painting #2; #1 turned out pretty good, and I've had a couple more ideas for some simple-yet-cool paintings bouncing around for awhile. I'm going to try and start that this afternoon.
- job apps/ info about portfolios and maybe getting started in some modeling. I don't know how realistic that option is, but it's worth a try isn't it? And there's no time like the present to get a move on it...

In health-related thoughts, I've stopped taking my vitamins. I think this practice needs to reconvene asap. But I'm starting to shape up again :) I've been working out but I think I need to step it up a bit more. I'm going to find an intense cardio workout that I can aim for about 3 times a week with. I think Susan has a good one :) Depending on the results, another 2-week veggie fast might be called for. I don't like the feeling of just eating carbs all the time.

ok. done combing through my thoughts and thinking through my fingers. this post didn't have much of a purpose but for me to get these thoughts out and look at them. anywho, enjoy :)

2 comments:

A poor white middle class soul said...

Judging by all your photoshoot pictures on Facebook, I'm sure the modeling idea is perfectly realistic. You should definitely try for it.

Rebekah Michaele said...

thanks london :)