Friday, October 10, 2008

So this is the story...

i'm driving to school, right
i'm actually a tad ahead of schedule for once, and i'm pretty psyched about actually getting to my 10 am class on time for a change. so i'm cruising along, thinking about important things, like God, and my favorite people, nd my less favorite people, and my plans to move out next year, and work today, and my plans for the weekend....
so theres nobody in the lane ahead of me and everyone in the lane to the right of me is going about 5 mph slower than me.... odd... i realize only too late that on the other side of that lane is a cop standing around havin' a gay ol' time pulling people over. and of course he points at me and motions for me to pull over. great
so i pull over and he takes his happy time following me over to where i pulled over. liscense and insurance... blah dee blah dee blah.
do you know what the speed limit is?
- i think its 45
its 40. do you know how fast you were going?
- probably closer to 55
exactly 55. do you have an emergency?
- no, just school
are you late for class?
- not as of right now... at least i WASN'T...
please remain in the vehicle, i'll be right back
...
.....
.......
at this point i'm still holding out some remote hope for a warning, but not too much. i was after all doing 55 in a 40. so yeah, i got a ticket. not the end of the world, right? so i kinda decided to keep that frame of mind and be optimistic about it... no super-big deal, i'll survive, there's a first (and a last) time for everything... etc.
but then i told my mom, and she got scared, and said, "you're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air!" I begged and pleaded with her day after day. But she packed my suite case and send me on my way. She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket. I put my walkman on and said, 'I might as well kick it'. First class, yo this is bad Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass. Is this what the people of Bel-Air Living like? Hmmmmm this might be alright. But wait I hear there're prissy, wine all that Is Bel-Air the type of place they send this cool cat? I don't think sow I'll see when I get there I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air.`Well, the plane landed and when I came out`There was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out`I ain't trying to get arrested`I just got here I sprang with the quickness like lightening, disappeared. I whistled for a cab and when it came near The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I can say this cab is rare But I thought 'Now forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air'.. I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later', I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air

2 comments:

A poor white middle class soul said...

You learning to play that one on your guitar?

It's spelled "Holmes", I think, after our friend Sherlock.

Tiff said...

girl, you are so crazy. So did you really get a ticket?