Sunday, October 26, 2008

from years ago...

my mom found this school worksheet i did when i was six or seven and showed it to me... its pretty funny. It's one of those "about me" things that little kids do in elementary school. so i have couple pictures on there of me when i was like five or six or seven, and a family portrait from when i was three. the pictures are adorable. ok so here's what i wrote on the worksheet (caps are printed on the worksheet, quotations are what i wrote)

I AM SPECIAL
HI! MY NAME IS "Rebekah Michaele Melillo"
I LIKE ME BECAUSE "I'm tuff. and most people like me a lot."
MY FAVORITE...
BOOK "precious moments"
MOVIE "Aladin and the king of theves"
TV SHOW "super book"
FOOD "sweet potato"
COLOR "purple"
SEASON "Fall"

HOW I WOULD MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE:
( i drew a recycling sign) "recycle and feed the poor."
MY HOBBIES
(i drew a picture of a bicycle) "jumproping"
ONE WISH
"to have a Dudley dog." (dudley was thedog we had when i was like 2)

wild, huh? i was a clever 6-year-old :p

3 comments:

A poor white middle class soul said...

Aladdin and The King of Thieves was a priceless movie.

Jon Metzler said...

What boggles my mind is that you were only like 2 or 3 when the original Aladdin came out.

A poor white middle class soul said...

Ghosts, which are supposed to be the spirits of the dead haunting/interacting with the living, are a demonic thing. The Bible is clear on contact with the dead being bad. The only iffy thing was when Jesus talks to Moses and Elijah, but His clothes go all brilliant and He's in a divine state at that point, so it's understandable.

I try to give everything to God. What most people don't catch is that the crappy stuff goes to Him too: worries, stress, grades, relationships, etc.

Here's the essay to BU:

Most people that I have spoken to about the subject of careers, majors, and such, tell me that they chose their studies by what they naturally excelled at. As for me, I have never been an exceptional student in the math or science departments. In English literature classes, I have always been able to comprehend the material both more efficiently and more quickly than my peers; this has also proven to be true of my social studies classes. In addition to this, I have always made prodigious grades in speech, drama, and film classes. This outstanding pattern is due mostly to my upbringing, for I spent many years of my life in Hollywood, acting in commercials and movies. Even when I returned to Texas, I wrote, directed, and starred in a short film entitled Not It, through which I won the Austin Film Festival Young Artist Award. That same winter, I starred in a feature film entitled Undercover Kids.
My success in these endeavors brought me to think; what do I want to do with the rest of my life? Should I continue working at something in which I am naturally proficient? I decided against such thinking. I consider my lack of instant talent in the areas of math and science to be a challenge. You see, although I heard from so many individuals that your lifelong path should be chosen by your natural talents, I also heard from a very few that there is another approach. If I am to strive for excellence in all I do, then my objective should be to make my less-potent areas into my most trenchant. My savior, Jesus Christ, once said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.” It is always favorable to work on improving what is already good, but, much more importantly, the areas that are lacking need to be made satisfactory.
I wish to go to medical school. I desire to be challenged. I aspire to learn more and do more for my fellow man than I would if I were to pursue a more congenital field of study. This is also the reason why I desiderate to attend Boston University. Not only do I wish to be challenged, but I wish to excel in the field of medicine, and, from the reputation and prestige surrounding this place of learning, Boston University appears to be the venue that I seek.