Tuesday, September 23, 2008

boy oh boy!

hmm, lots to report since last i blogged...

ok school:
is boring. had my first midterms in Logic and Physics... pretty sure did well on both... also pretty sure i botched my explanation of Pythagorus' tuning theories... oh well. Lighting is not nearly as exciting as i'd hoped it would be. the teacher has very little enthusiasm when she teaches so everything just kindof comes out flat... no biggie i guess i mean i've survived worse teachers. it's hard to learn anything though because half the people in the class already know everything we're supposed to be learning so the prof just kindof goes off of what they know and uses terms that we havent covered and tends to assume that she doesnt need to go over some stuff because they, being theatre people (even if they are tech) seem to have this inherent compulsion to show off and one-up any person they see. anyway. it's obnoxious. i need to find a way to actually learn stuff in that class or else...

work:
i got a job! i now work at Roots Coffee Co. which just opened in RC. it's a cute little shop. the owners are great they pretty much treat everybody like family. lol. so yeah. love being a barista, pays decently, love the people i work with... and i get free coffee. who can complain? thanks to everyone who's been praying for me and my employment status. God has definitely come through in His usual manner of blowing my socks off ^_^

family:
welllll my parents just got back from colorado. i kindof liked having the house to myself (well, me and sarah) for a week, but i like having them around, too. they're good company. sarah turned 19 on sunday, and we went out to carinos for dinner and then took her shopping. i got her disney radio cds and a new notebook. lol. i'm not sure her disney channel fetish is entirely healthy for a 19-year-old, but hey, whateva. sean (my bro) turns 26 on the 26th, the same day that he's getting MARRIED. so yeah, i'll be going to tulsa for that event this weekend. yay. i dont have a clue what to wear to the wedding though.... and my grandparents are going to arrive today, they'll be staying with us until sometime next week... so woo.

guitar:
i got a guitar!!! i may have mentioned before that metzler had an old guitar that he was gonna give me... so he had his mom ship it down from michigan and then yesterday he brought it up to the coffee shop... :D
i named it Beth. :D
i pretty much love it. it's a yamaha, not persay the highest quality guitar one could find, but not the worst either :) it will do quite nicely for my first guitar.

funny story:
ok, so last weekend we had plans for me to go down to new braunfels with collin and his parents. they have a timeshare down there and collin had tickets to schlitterbahn. welllll, due to hurricane ike, the san antonio area was gonna be packed with evacuees, high gas prices, and bad weather, and schlitterbahn was gonna be closed anyway. so we didn't go. but they still wanted to do something special in the way of salvaging our weekend, so we went out to dinner friday night. we were gonna go fondue, but ended up at Shogun's. it was good . so apart from me leaving my purse at coldstone in denton, the exciting part is yet to come. so we're on our way back to garland, from thence i was to travel home, yes? we had stopped by collin's dorm and got his stuff for the weekend cuz he was gonna spend the night at home. aaanyway. so we're in the car, talking about i dont remember what and his mom said "well you're welcome to stay the night bekah.. i mean you would have stayed with us if we'd gone to the timeshare so i mean we can still make a weekend thing out of it if you want to stay..." .....
....
...
....
wtc? umm ok? maybe it's just me, but arent guy-girl sleepovers kindof taboo in the pro-chastity circle? i mean.... i've always gotten that impression. i mean its not like we'd do anything naughty or anything but still... that totally caught me by surprise. so i was... ok.... umm, thats a little weird... i'll think about it..... ??
so anyway cass was coming to our house that night to ride out the storm (which turned out to be lame) so she was texting me to see when i'd be home and i texted back i might be staying at the bragdon's tonight. and she didnt say anyhting! she was just like, "well i-30's shut down at bass pro" ..... WEIRD. so THEN my dad had called to answer my question on when they were getting in from colorado, and i told him theyd invited me to stay the night and his concern was that he wanted me to be home when the hurricane hit but i told him it wasnt supposed to hit until the next night so he was like "ok, well i guess thatll be okay. have fun"
WHAT?? at this point collin and i decided that either the whole world had gone insane or we'd just crossed over into a parallel universe or something. definitely making a bigger deal than it was, but put yourself in my shoes. thats the last thing i ever expected! so i stayed in his sisters room and wore his sisters clothes and his parents came in at like 11 and were like "were going to bed... do whatever you want... you can play the drums if you want to" (the drums are a big no-no late at night at the bragdon house) ...more weird. so we sat in his living room all night and talked about all sorts of random things. he was like "this is weird. its 4 oclock and you're still here." and i was like "yeah... its liek a sleepover... but with collin" lol. so he asked what sorts of things we do at girl sleepovers and we proceeded to do said things, excluding nail-painting. anyway. yeah. i dont know why all of the sudden the world doesnt think it's a big deal to stay the night at your significant other's house at the request of their [and your] parents for no real reason... idk. nobody tell pastor chris though he might freak out :p

ok i'm done now
enjoy, leave me comments, etc. etc.

<3

1 comment:

A poor white middle class soul said...

I would have reacted the same way about the sleepover.

I'm glad to know about another friend that keeps up with Heroes.

Paradigm is doing this One thing, where we try to find someOne, and make friends with them, lead them to Christ, then disciple them. My One (until God gives me a different One) is a girl from my school that I had helped out with a breakup last school year, and she was pretty good with God when summer started, but it was a lengthy enough summer that she's doesn't think that Christianity is for her. I've also called her Miss E in some blogs.

I had once asked my older brother if he had ever read the entire Bible, and he said that he had probably read most of it. I wanna be able to answer that I had read the entire thing all the way through. (but first I read the New Testament, 'cause how can I preach the Gospel if I haven't read them?)

God and I were neutral that night. I also tend to take the sun going down on anger thing seriously. You ain't alone in that. But I'm really good at sleeping, so I have dozed while loaded up with anger before.