Monday, May 5, 2008

i know we've come so far

but baby, baby, we've got so far to go!

so, it totally smells like something died outside of my dorm. not cool.

so lately i've been revisiting the Mercy Seat, so to speak. relearning the meaning of repenting, and humbling, and love... dude i could devote every day of my life to learning love and never fully understand. my God is just that amazing!!

so here's a passage that i've been chewing on a bit.. you might enjoy a bit of chewing yourself ;)

Proverbs 4:23-27
Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips.
Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you.
Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm.
Do not swerve to the left or to the right; keep your foot from evil.

<3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is a very good one! i think i'll chew on it too.

(much nicer than sharing gum)

Unknown said...

since you are so eager to recieve comments, im sure, i was reading this passage one morning while sitting in my car at school ight after ahving finished my homework form the night before. Then it hit me...

Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm.

pretty much just this passage stood out, but basically, doing my homework in the morning, which is not it's intended time, despite whoever makes the definition for homework, is not a firm path or level ground. it's like i took a detour through the mud because it weighs me down from having lost that time in the morning that i probably could have gotten more god time in.

yeah...

<3

A poor white middle class soul said...

That one spoke to me like crazy after The Core, 'cause I had to look directly before me, and not concentrate on the future way ahead of me. It was taking my focus off of what I needed to do where I was.