Friday, April 25, 2008

Impatience

Hope and loss blossom together within me
the heat of the tears on my cheeks
reflects that of my burning core

what is to be gained, and what is to be lost
no one can tell
Like the screenplay of a plot only the director knows

who can tell?
who can see what is given, what is born?
what is borne?

you cannot know how your words
cut straight to the heart
sever the fine line between my hope and my reality

so carelessly named, my right against my request
surely you know
surely he must know

How can something so relevant be so distant?
Lord, please don't dismiss me
don't let abandon become something i dread

surely You didn't create a fit You mean to leave empty
surely You wouldn't leave Your promise for so long
it must be soon...
perhaps it must not be soon

forgive my errors
correct my impatience
life is for You alone to fill
and deepesr heartache You alone have known

selfishness consumes - time is lost
and my consciousness is overrun
more than mere feelings,
this soul needs must be tamed

keep my heart pure Lord
let me not lack discipline

I am Yours
my life is for You
my heart is Your right
my days are in Your hands
and Your time will be my time

Only speak to me,
and soothe this heart
Father and Lover, i need you now.

<3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love it - thanks for sharing!