Saturday, March 28, 2009

blame it on this southern weather

texas is freaking bipolar. seriously. it was in the upper 70's the week. and now? guess the weather now. yeah, it's freaking SNOWING. that's right. the only thing keeping us from a blinking blizzard is lack of sufficient precipitation. yeesh.

so yeah. i'm cold. the insulation at my work sucks. so i pinched a roots hoodie from my boss... but not to worry, i'll put it back. and none the worse for wear, promise promise. so shh, don't tell ;)

so may 4 i'll be making a guest appearance at Mama's Party. don't know what that is? look it up on facebook. the facebook group explains the concept pretty well. anyway, may 4 jon christie is booked as one of the featured artists, and he asked me to do a duet with him. so we're doing I'll Never Tell from Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More, With Feeling. don't know it? youtube it. it's adorable. we practiced yesterday, and i'm pretty excited. it's gonna be so cute. it's really like the perfect song for his voice and mine, and i think we pull off the characters pretty well too ^_^

in other news, a guy i know from Big River suggested i inquire about a paid internship at a summer camp with the director and musical director of Big River. intriguing, at the least. It Dallas Young Artists or something like that.. i think i'm going to try to interview for Assistant Stage Manager. my tech experience is pretty limited, but it can't hurt to try, right? it sounds like a blast and it would look good on my resume... so yeah... i'm a-prayin about that. pray for me!

i'm looking at quotes from Sir Winston Churchill.... he said some good stuff. here's a few, because i feel like sharing them:

"From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." [haha.]

"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."[no idea who he was talking about here, but i really lkike this statement.]

"I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." [me too!]

"Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." [ain't that the truth]

"It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time." [a wise ascertainment]

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." [i would endeavor to live by this advice]

yup. (i said that. not winston churchill)

<3

2 comments:

A poor white middle class soul said...

I looked up Mama's Party on Facebook, and I mostly saw invitations to go to peoples' mothers' parties.

I like Winston Churchill spelling "colour" the way he does.

I've got a question for you. What's your plan for the next few years? Are you gonna be doing college for a few more years, or jumping into a ministry, or continuing with theatre stuff, etc?

A poor white middle class soul said...

One more question: your Facebook status says you're "In A Relationship". When were you planning on sharing the news with the world of Blogger?!?