Sunday, January 25, 2009

rat-a-tat-tat

so i've decided. officially. i'm going to get a tattoo.

you may or may not know that for some time i've had the inclination to get tattooed, and have 4 specifically designed and designated locations for them. if i did get tattoos, it would be these four in these places. the first is the phonetic spelling of "passion" over an outline of flames. perhaps soon i will upload a picture of it. it's going on my left shoulder blade. the next is a small Christian fish (dont remember the greek name for it), to go on my right palm. the next is a design which symbolizes love, the four different types and especially God's love and how it changed and inspires my life. it's difficult to explain what it looks like, perhaps i will upload a picture of that also. it's to go somewhere in the vicinity of my right hip. the fourth i haven't actually designed yet, but it will symbolize truth and go on my right calf.

the first of these is the one i've decided to get. it's a symbol of passion, of passionate living, of whole-heartedness, 100% commitments, etc. something that's very important in my life. i would rather not do something than so it half-way. i would rather be fully devoted to what i believe than hold my faith passively. life is not life which is not lived. eh? this i find exceptionally well expressed in this particular tattoo. and, it's a constant challenge to myself to follow God with everything i have, to go all-in, and to be totally real in everything i do and say.

:D
i'm excited ^_^

<3

1 comment:

A poor white middle class soul said...

Go for it. I once thought of having my face tattooed on my chest, just as a reminder. Good idea, eh?

I've thought about getting a tattoo, but my reasons for not getting one are simple. 1. I don't have any sign, symbol, or word I'd like to have needled into me. 2. I won't be able to donate plasma or blood for a year if I do. That plasma is a money-maker.