Tuesday, December 9, 2008

almost... done...

one final down, 3-and-a-half to go! i say three and a half because the fourth one is actually a final project that i am SO CLOSE to being finished with. i really should have finished it last night, but apparently i lack the ability to diligently work on schoolwork at home. it's so much easier to watch House :p
so i'm going to enjoy my cup of powder-mix chai, finish this blog, then i'm going to go spend some time with the Lord and we're gonna jam to some michael w. smith and talk about some stuff, and then i'm gonna go over my government stuff for my exam today at 4, finish my research paper final draft (mostly i'm reprinting the rough draft... go me) and my other little english "lab" assignments (i've got like 6 to go..) and look over the prompt for the final exam tonight at 7. i ought to do some studying for the physics exam tomorrow too, but only if there's extra time leftover. i still have to print some stuff out, select color samples, and draw up a magic sheet for my stage lighting project, also due tomorrow. so as you can see, i'm pretty much booked for the day. but after tomorrow, i'm home free!!

*sigh*
alright, the Michael W. Smith Christmas concert. it was awesome. i love Christmas music, i love MWS' work, so i knew going in it was a good review waiting to happen. i'd never seen him live before this... just heard his music and loved it, especially the compositions. you know what's wayy better than his compositions? his heart for worship. seriously, his heart and his realness are what impressed me the most. he plays in "professional" venues like the Meyerson, but no matter where he is or who his audience is, he's not ashamed and he doesnt hold back on the gospel of Christ. i want to be like that. i left that concert not wanting it to end because it was so much fun, but also sortof wishing that i could just jump on the bus and go with them. i would so love to be doing that.. traveling, sharing the gospel, acting out my passions for the glory of Christ like they are... but for the time being i'm stuck here, working toward that true enough, but so often it feels like i'm not moving at all. just wasting precious time. anyway. we were driving away and i said to my mom "i really want to go hang out with michael w smith now" in an effort to express what i was feeling, and she says, "you and a thousand other people" .. that made me feel kinda small. but i know what she meant.
i was a little saddened that i couldnt meet him after the show or get him to sign my purse, but thats how things work in a more "sophisticated" venue like the meyerson. i'll just have to go to another show ;)

alright alright.. i gave the promised mws details... now i have to get to work. yarr.

<3

2 comments:

A poor white middle class soul said...

I love his music too. Our time will come.

catchtheflow said...

Hey! ~ Bekah K-A-H. Collin suggested I check out your blog, so I am. And I invite you to check mine as well, although mine is less eventful than yours, more...I don't know...older people stuff, politics, church; (and I don't know how to add all the pics and music stuff. That is definitely something I must check into.) Anyway..I love the photos and bloginess of it all. see you, Rachel B.